Crystal healing is the process of treating a person using the hidden powers of the crystals. Crystals are said to be otherworldly stones which combine and contribute to an individual when used in a certain way. Basically, these crystals work when placed according to the different chakras in different ways. These crystals have to be charged and we have to assign a task to them. Various crystals and minerals are placed on or around a person to induce deep relaxation, release stress and pain, and promote energy balance within the physical and subtle bodies.
Choosing your ideal crystal- How to choose your crystal, a beginners guide.
There are many methods of choosing the ideal crystal for a person, besides the fact that needs to be kept in mind is that ” You don’t choose the crystal, the crystal chooses you .”
- Research the specific property you would like the crystal to be used for, make a list of the crystals that can be used for that intention. Then go to a store and see if they have any of the crystals on the list. Then run hand(receptive hand) over the crystals and see weather magnetic pull, hold the crystal in left hand. When intuitively feel a connection, then purchase that crystal.
- Let your intuition guide you. Allow the energy of the crystals to speak to you, then select a crystal.
- The Crystal Grab Bag Method is very effective. Place several crystals in a bag, close your eyes, and select one with your left hand.
- Use your personal pendulum to help you make your selection. Using a pendulum will help you narrow down your selection quickly.
4 Types of commonly used crystals!
- Covalent Crystals: This is a crystal which has real chemical covalent between all of the atoms in the crystal. So really a single crystal of covalent crystals is really just one big molecule.
- Metallic Crystals: Individual metal atoms sit on lattice sites while the outer electrons from these atoms are able to flow freely around the lattice. Metallic crystals normally have high melting points and densities.
- Ionic Crystals: This is a crystal where the individual atoms don’t have covalent bonds between them but are held together by electrostatic forces. An example of this type of crystal is sodium chloride (NaCl). Ionic crystals are hard and have relatively high melting points.
- Molecular Crystals: This is a crystal where there are recognizable molecules in the structure and the crystal is held together by non-covalent interactions like van der Waals forces or hydrogen. An example of this type of crystal would be sugar. Molecular crystals tend to be soft and have lower melting points.
Here are some important crystals which are most commonly used by the crystal healers.
- Amazonite- A powerful throat chakra stone, it helps one move beyond the fear of confrontation or judgments so you can freely pursue and express your true self.
- Clear quartz- It is also known as the master stone, can be used to heal anything and everything.
- Rose quartz- This is a pink crystal which symbolizes love and harmony, it is basically used for soothing and calming the body.
- Carnelian- Having this stone around keeps you motivated, inspired and confident.
- Aventurine- The stone attracts true love, true friendship, and long-lasting relationships, it is also known as the ” luck stone”.