Sun Salutation often called Surya Namaskar has its roots in yoga. It is helpful in reviving your health. Sun is the ultimate source of life and energy. This is the reason it is revered by many people from all civilizations and even in this age of globalization.
It is best to do it at sunrise when sun rays help you in revitalizing the body and refreshing the mind. However, Surya Namaskar can be performed at any time of the day. In afternoon it energizes your body instantly and at dusk, it helps in releasing your stress.
Surya Namaskar is beneficial in many ways as listed below:
- For obesity: Yes! Almost every third person is suffering from obesity. This is the result of today’s busy lifestyle where you are unable to find enough time to take care of your own body. Sun salutation is helpful for you if you are one of them fighting obesity. The steps of sun salutation are easy and include intensive physical exercise that works on every part of the body.
- Cures Muscular Pain: In Surya Namaskar, you stretch every part of your body. This helps in promoting overall flexibility. So if you are suffering from muscular pain, exercising a couple of asanas will help you in getting rid of this problem.
- For Hair loss: Surya Namaskar helps in increasing blood circulation, as a result, every cell in the body including scalp rejuvenates. This helps in preventing hair loss. The nourishment that scalp gets helps in healthy growth and stops greying of hair.
- Digestive system: Your health depends on how healthy your digestive system is? It is very difficult to take care of each part of the body but Surya Namaskar is helpful in doing the same for you. It tones that digestive tract and hence helps in reviving your digestive system.
- Cardiovascular system: Surya Namaskar eases the flow of blood through the Arteries of your heart. This regular and uninterrupted supply of blood helps in prevention of heart diseases.
Practicing Surya Namaskar keeps you away from diseases. It helps in spreading positivity and relaxing of your body. It makes you strong not only by keeping you fit physically but also psychologically.